My First Marketing Assignment - Vanessa Alvarado

Topic 1:
Why did I enroll in this class? Because one day I inspire to blog about fashion, traveling, and beauty. I believe this class will help me learn how to build my image and get my voice out there in the world. Also this class in a requirement for my certificate.

 I am not majoring in marketing and/or business I plan to work with social media and blog on social media.

The thing I am most interested in learning in this marketing class is how to promote yourself and create an image of yourself. To learn the ins and outs of the marketing world and how it works. I believe marketing is one of the stronger keys to building a successful career for yourself.

Something I am passionate about outside of school is going to the gym and being on social media seeing the latest fashion trends, and also traveling with friends or family, going to new places trying new and fun things.


Topic 2:
Kylie Jenner reveals her new makeup launch:

I chose this topic because Kylie Jenner's makeup line was a huge hit from the start. People could not get enough of it. Because of the Kardashian family fame this was the key to Kylie's success in her makeup line.

This topic is introducing Kylie Jenner's new makeup launch that is in fact dedicated to her new baby Stormi Webster. This new makeup launch introduces three new matte lipstick shades, Nightfall, Cosmic, and Nova. Also Kylie introduced two cream metallic shadow duos which are called Glitter eyes and two others but with bolder shades. Lastly Kylie comes out with a loose powder highlighter in the shade lightning bolt ultra glow. The three main components of this article are that this new makeup launch in based on Kylie's new daughter stormi, three new formulated matte lipsticks, loose powder highlight which was a huge hit.

Kylies makeup brand offers a value proposition of good quality makeup, unique colors and names incorporated with the makeup. Because of the value of Kylie's family name this incorporates a drastic value to her makeup line.

The aspect of of marketing primarily explored in this article was new products being launched. Discussing new makeup Kylie Jenner is releasing to the public.

A challenge this company was trying to overcome was becoming unremarkable to consumers. Launching the new makeup gives something new and different to consumers. With new colors and design it makes Kylie's brand once again, remarkable.

If I were the brand/product manager I would go a few steps farther into promoting the new makeup launch. I would create a huge introduction to the new launch recognizing the new launch name as in dedication to my new daughter giving the launch a personal backstory and sending out notes with each package sent to a consumer thanking them for their support of my new launch.

I believe the marketing approach to this was fairly good. Kylie promoted it throughout all of her social media which was a smart move because she is very well known on social media.

Reading the article and writing this blog I learned the names of Kylie's new makeup launches and how big of a hit this new launch was. I learned how cool and innovative this new launch was and will look into purchasing some over the weekend.

https://www.beautyheaven.com.au/makeup/lips-lipstick-lip-gloss-lip-balm/kylie-jenner-kylie-cosmetics-inspired-by-stormi



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 listening exercise